Half Robledo

In the past, when this place was named Medio Robledo, it was called Medio Robledo and they had to specify whether it was part of Deleitosa or part of Cabañas del Castillo.

There are many towns that are divided by a wall that does not separate. They turn their backs to each other because of an invisible wall that prevents people from deciding their future together in a land where the same air flows, the same birds fly and the same animals live.

In this case a road was the reference used to divide territories; a practically straight line that crosses the mountain ranges connecting the valleys of the Almonte with the Ibor.


In 1570 dates a document that explains the origin of the village from an inn that served mainly to transhumants and the adoption of the original name came from a thicket of oak trees in the vicinity.

However, there are very early traces of human presence. Cave paintings, Roman blacksmiths and the

It was founded between two jurisdictions Cabañas de la Peña, today Cabañas del Castillo, and Deleitosa, and hence it was also known as Medio Robledo because at noon the inhabitants here paid their tribute to the Abbey of Cabañas, while to the west was the lordship of Deleitosa. That is, Half Robledo, one half on one side and the other half on the other.

At that time, the village had only fifty neighbors, divided into thirty in Deleitosa and twenty in Cabañas. They were dedicated to farming and goats.

There were many people living in the countryside, mainly in La Nava, which formed a kind of village dependent at that time on Deleitosa.